Monday, March 21, 2011

Approaching the Final Stretch


Today was supposed to be quite a hectic one, but ended up being a bit of a disappointment. I had four interviews set up for today at the Tk’emlúps Indian Band office. Through various conflicts, three of the four canceled. I’ve managed to reschedule all of them, but it was still sad as I had been looking forward to them all weekend.

Other than that minor setback, things are going really well. I’m approaching the end of this project. I have about four more weeks left before I wrap up the majority of my efforts with a three-part series looking at First Nations education and self-governance. I still have many more interviews to do and much more writing, but the end is approaching.

It’s been an enjoyable experience so far of getting to know and talk to so many First Nation people in the Kamloops region. There’s still four weeks left and I’m looking forward to the whirlwind of finishing up.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment