Monday, April 11, 2011

Nearly There


Over the last three months, I’ve talked to dozens of people across the southern interior about issues affecting First Nations people in B.C. I chose to focus on the role of education in First Nations communities in the past, present and in determining their future. I’ve now written a three-part series about my experience over the last three months that I hope to share with you soon.

Here is the series intro:

If knowledge is power, then many First Nation communities in British Columbia are looking to education to control their past and future. In our series, we’ll explore First Nations’ relationships with education and how that will play out on a community level.

I am working on finding a location to publish this series and will keep you posted on that process.

No comments:

Post a Comment